presto Marten Protection Spray protects cable and wires from marten damage. It forms a sticky protective film that martens avoid. Highly effective ingredients allow moving parts to be sprayed.
Quality and Properties
- Excellent adhesion
- Long-lasting protection
- Resistant to extreme temperature swings (-30°C to +250°C)
- Resistant to effects of weather, weak acids and bases
- Direct jet spray
- TRG 300 compliant
Physical and Chemical Data
- Basis: Polyalphaolefine
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: inodorous
- Relative density at 20°C: 0.89 g/ml
- Yield: 2.0 g/sec.
- Vapour pressure at 20°C: 3 - 4 bar
- Appearance: sticky
- Viscosity index of active substance: 145
- Storage stability: 10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and Labelling
- Environmentally sound: The products of MOTIP DUPLI are 100% free of heavy metals. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
- Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
- Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
- Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Bring can to room temperature.
- Operating temperature 5° to 30°C.
- Shake can for 2 minutes before use.
- Before using the product, the engine room has to be thoroughly cleaned. Use presto engine cleaner.
- Then generously apply marten protective spray to the rubber and plastic parts to be treated in the engine room and flash off for at least 5 minutes.
- To guarantee long-lasting protection, repeat the process every 2 months.
- If a marten infestation has occurred, then the engine should be cleaned before applying marten protection.