Restore your cars old foggy, cloudy or yellowed plastic headlight lenses to like new condition at a fraction of the cost of replacing them. Achieve professional results with presto Headlight preparaion set.
Not only do dull headlights detract from your vehicles appearance and value, foggy headlights are also a serious safety concern, in fact hazy plastic headlight lenses reduce visibility and create glare to oncoming traffic, putting you, your passenger and other vehicles at risk.
The presto set includes everything necessary to achieve professional results, allowing you to repair your vehicle?s plastic lens surfaces at tremendous savings.The included Lens Sealer offers an all-out protection for plastic headlight lenses. It's unique formula generates a hard and long lasting, weather- and detergent proof high gloss protection layer against environmental influences. The smooth dirt repelling surface keeps the lenses cleaner. When applied regularly, the integrated UV Protection reduces yellowing and foging significantly.
- Especially developed for headlights
- Restores Foggy & Yellowed Headlights
- Improves visibility
- Increases safety during night-time drives
- Eliminate light scratches
- Easy to use
- Renew the surface with a professional result
- For cars, motorcycles/scooter, caravans
Headlight Restorer No.1
Headlight Lens Sealer No.2
1 polishing block
4 polishing cloths
12 sandpapers in extra fine grades
Physical and chemical data
- Chemical base:: Mixture of the substances listed in the safety data sheet with harmless additions
- Consistency: Headlight Restorer: pasty / Lens Sealer: liquid
- Colour:Headlight Restorer: white / Lens Sealer: according to product specification
- Odour: characteristic
- Density:Headlight Restorer: 1,29 g/cm³ / Lens Sealer: 0,95 g/cm³
- pH-value: Headlight Restorer: not intended / Lens Sealer: 7,5
- Flashpoint: Headlight Restorer: 270°C / Lens Sealer: not applicable
- Application temperature: +5°C bis +50°C
- Storage stability: 36 months in the closed original package if cool and dry storage provided (=5°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%). Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
- Size: Headlight Restorer: 50g tube / Lens Sealer: 30ml spray bottle
Environment and labelling
Environmentally sound: The products of MOTIP DUPLI are 100% free of heavy metals. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
1. Headlight Lens Polish (HEADLIGHT RESTORER No.1)
- Wash headlights thoroughly to remove dirt.
- Mask the complete area around the headlight lens with a broad adhesive plastic tape to protect it from any treatment.
A: For heavily marred lenses:
- Wet-sand (using water with the paper) the affected headlight area horizontally until the major imperfections are no longer visible using the sanding with the 2000 grit sandpaper and water. Remove residue.
- Wet-sand (using water with the paper) the affected headlight area vertically until the smaller imperfections are no longer visible using the sanding with the 3000 grit sandpaper and water. Remove residue.
- Wet-sand (using water with the paper) the affected headlight area horizontally again until the surface is smooth and uniform using the sanding with the 5000 grit sandpaper and water. Remove residue.
- Apply some HEADLIGHT RESTORER on the headlight lens.
- Finally firmly polish the treated area vertically to a mirror finish using the HEADLIGHT RESTORER No.1, the polishing cloth and the rubber block.
B: For matt patches and yellowing
- Firmly polish the lens to a mirror finish using the HEADLIGHT RESTORER No.1, the polishing cloth and the rubber block. Apply more pressure to speed up the polishing process.
- If the lens is in extremely bad condition and did not come clean with just the polish, start with step A.
- Remove any residue with a wet cloth.
- Remove the masking tape surrounding the lens.
2. Headlight lens sealer (HEADLIGHT LENS SEALER No.2)
- Clean the headlight lens thoroughly.
- Shake bottle very well before use. Spray some HEADLIGHT LENS SEALER No.2 onto the lens and spread it evenly with a enclosed cloth.
- Allow the sealer to dry to a haze (about 5 - 10 minutes).
- Buff the lens to a high gloss with a clean cloth.
- For a maximum protection repeat application every 3 months.
- Do not use on any printed, varnished or coated sufaces.
- Only use on foggy and/or yellowed plastic headlight lenses.
- Lenses with fine cracks or internal fogging will be not prepared completely.