Kovax Spot on 2.0 headlight reparation kit
The Kovax Spot on Kit allows the reparation of scratches, oxidation and yellowing of polycarbonate headlights.
Depending on the depth of the scratches or the extent of yellowing/oxidation the right grit for the first sanding step is chosen. Starting from grit P400 it is recommended to sand in combination with an interface pad. Clean the surface after each sanding step with a water based degreaser in combination with the Hitex 4000 cleaning tissue.
- Mixing ratio or the coat: 1:1 clear coat and catalyst
- The application of the new coating must be carried out with a paint pistol. It is important to filter the coating with a 125 µm filter
- before the application. After that cover the surface well with half a run. Let it ventilate for 10 seconds and apply a complete run
- immediately after (covered surface). 2-Layer system: the first layer is to humidify the complete surface and the second layer is
- to cover the surface.
- Important: Do not wait significantly longer than 10 seconds between the half and the complete run, because the new
- 2-component coating is hygroscopic and may absorb moisture. The dry layer thickness should be 30-40 µm.
Drying and finishing
- Air drying at 20 degrees 50-60% relative air humidity: Dust dry: 15 minutes, touch-dry: 40 minutes
- After drying imperfections might be present in the new coating layer. Those can easily be removed with Tolecut. Depending on the size of the imperfection the right grit is chosen. It is important that all subsequent grits are used to refine the
- sanding scratches.
- Polish the sanded surface with K2in1 rubbing polish compound in combination with the yellow and black hexagon foam pads.
This Kit containts the following products
- 1 x 852-1551 Clear coat 125 g
- 1 x 852-1552 Catalyst 125 g
- 2 x 858-8230 Hitex 4000
- 1 x 858-5690 Spatula
- 1 x 858-5810 Mixing cup 300 ml
- 2 x 191-1508 Super Assilex Super Tack Sheets - Sky K600
- 2 x 191-1509 Super Assilex Super Tack Sheets - Lemon K800
- 2 x 191-1510 Super Assilex Super Tack Sheets - Orange K1200
- 1 x 971-0025 Super Assilex Super Tack Handpad M
- 2 x 523-0180 Maxfilm Super Tack Discs 152mm 15L - P180
- 2 x 523-0240 Maxfilm Super Tack Discs 152mm 15L - P240
- 2 x 523-0320 Maxfilm Super Tack Discs 152mm 15L - P320
- 2 x 523-0400 Maxfilm Super Tack Discs 152mm 15L - P400
- 2 x 191-1513 Tolecut Stick-On Sheets pink - K1500
- 2 x 191-1512 Tolecut Stick-On Sheets green - K2000
- 2 x 191-1511 Tolecut Stick-On Sheets black - K3000
- 1 x 971-0048 Tolecard 66x110mm
Labelling according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008:
General notes:(P210) Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. (P261) Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. (P280) Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. (P301) IF SWALLOWED: (P310) Immediately call a poison center/doctor. (P331) Do NOT induce vomiting. (P370) In case of fire:(P378) Use ? to extinguish. (P312) Call a poison center/doctor if you feel unwell. (P403) Store in a well-ventilated place. (P233) Keep container tightly closed.
Hazard statements:(H226) Flammable liquid and vapour. (H304) May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways. (H332) Harmful if inhaled. (H373) May cause damage to organs. (H319) Causes serious eye irritation. (H315) Causes skin irritation. (H335) May cause respiratory irritation. (H317) May cause an allergic skin reaction. (H411) Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. (H412) Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. (EUH208) May produce an allergic reaction.